It's no secret that we eat a LOT of Asian food in our house. My dear hubby could eat rice and noodles EVERY day and never get sick of it!
So I'm forever trying to create healthy Asian dishes that pack flavor and spice. I hate feeling gross after eating a meal and that usually happens to me when I eat MSG-laden take-out! Plus, most Chinese sauces are filled with sugar as well, so eating Asian food can definitely derail your fitness goals!
Luckily, this Asian Green Been and Ground Turkey Recipe is to die for! It fills your mouth with an explosion of flavor, but doesn't leave you feeling greasy and icky afterwards!
It's a weeknight go-to in our home and I hope you'll like it too! I serve it with brown rice and it's a definite take-out take DOWN!
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 25 min
Asian Green Beans and Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 sprigs of green onion (green and white parts), sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (I use Siracha)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound washed and trimmed green beans
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Heat large skillet over high heat. Add sesame oil, and sauté green onions and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in ground turkey and sauté 3-5 minutes, until meat is mostly cooked. Crumble meat as much as possible.
- Stir in chili garlic sauce, hoisin sauce, and ginger.
- Add green beans and soy sauce, and stir to coat. Continue cooking over high heat for 7-9 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until beans are slightly tender.
- Stir in rice vinegar, and cook one minute longer.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.