I'm on a total soup craze and whipped up a batch of this fall goodness to enjoy for lunch this week!
I like mine with a little kick, so adjust the spices to your preference and enjoy!
4 hr 15 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 4 min
Yield: 6-8 servings
Butternut Squash Soup: Slow Cooker Style
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith Apple chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Goat cheese and pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Add all ingredients except the coconut milk, goat cheese, and pumpkin seeds to a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with goat cheese and pumpkin seeds.