My dear hubby was craving Buffalo wings and I said NO WAY, José!
But being the loving wife that I am, I compromised and made him this healthy Buffalo Chicken Soup. Guess what?! He LOVED it! It totally satisfied his naughty craving and left him full (without that gross deep fried, sticky finger feeling).
1 hr 15 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 1 hr
Yield: 2 - 4 servings
Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 4 cups organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- ½ cup coconut milk/cream
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- ½ Tbsp dried dill
- 2 Tbsp organic raw honey
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Add chicken broth, water, cauliflower, and chicken breasts to a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove cooked chicken, shred, and set aside.
- Add coconut milk, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, honey, and Franks Red Hot sauce.
- Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Add celery, onion, and shredded chicken to the pot.
- Stir in parsley, chives, and cilantro (reserve some of each for garnish) and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining fresh herbs.