Prep: 30 min
Cook: 20 min
Yield: 2 servings
Tofu Larb Salad
For the tofu:
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu drained, pressed, and crumbled
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- Tablespoon Turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground Thai chilis (or less if you don't like heat)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 Tablespoon dried Thai basil)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
For the salad:
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup lettuce (I used Spring Mix)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- Mix the lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, and ground chilis, stirring until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- Heat coconut and sesame oils in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté 3 minutes.
- Add crumbled tofu; cook about 8 minutes or until lightly browned; stirring occasionally.
- Stir in juice mixture; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Mix shredded cabbage and lettuce; place in two bowls.
- Top salad bowls with tofu mixture.
- Garnish with shredded carrots, sliced cucumbers, basil, mint, and lime wedges.
*Note: I didn't have fresh basil, so instead of using my dried Thai basil as a garnish, I added it to the juice mixture so it could be heated through. If you are using fresh basil, use it as a garnish after cooking the tofu.