Total Time: 55 min
Prep: 45 min
Cook: 10 min
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound ground chicken, beef, or lamb
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the garlic and salt, mashing into a paste (using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a large knife and cutting board).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the garlic paste, meat, onion, parsley, mint, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne, ginger, and black pepper. Mix until blended.
- Form the mixture into 12 ovals.
- If grilling, push a skewer through each oval, place on a baking sheet. If broiling, place ovals without skewers onto a lightly oiled broiler pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat, lightly oil grate, cook skewers for a few minutes on each side, turning occasionally.
- If broiling, preheat broiler (I set mine to high), cook for a few minutes on each side, turning occasionally.
*Note: Cooking times will differ depending on your meat choice.