1 hr 15 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 1 hr
Yield: 4 servings
Mexican Lime Chicken Soup
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder (or less if you don't like heat)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of sliced bell peppers
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Icelandic yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 Limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from oven, shred, and set aside.
- Add the cauliflower, broth, and water to a large stockpot; boil until cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin, and chipotle powder to the pot..
- Use an immersion blender to puree the cauliflower until completely smooth (it should not be grainy).
- Add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeños, and cherry tomatoes to the broth, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the shredded chicken and frozen corn, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with cheese, cilantro, green onions, a dollop of yogurt, and fresh lime juice.