Coconut Whipped Cream
By now you know that I'm OBSESSED with all things coconut. My husband calls me "The Coconut Woman" because I just can't get enough of this stuff. I eat it, drink it, lather it on my body, give it to my pugs, and wear coconut bras around the house (ok, not always!).
So you can imagine how much I ADORE coconut whipped cream! This stuff is AMAZING!
I love to put it on Coconut Flour Crepes, dollop it on fruit, eat it out of the bowl, you know... ;)
- You MUST use full fat coconut milk! Don't even try using a light version unless you want a watery mess.
- Your can MUST be super cold (kept in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours). I always keep a few cans of coconut milk in the fridge so I can whip up a batch without waiting a day!
Total Time: 10 min
Prep: 10 min
Yield: 2 servings
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk, chilled for at least 8 hours
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Flip the can upside down and open the bottom.
- Pour the liquid into a bowl.
- Scoop the hardened coconut milk into a chilled mixing bowl.
- Whip for 1 minute (using a stand or handheld mixer).
- Add the coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- Whip again until fluffy (about another minute).
- Use immediately or refrigerate.