Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Yield: 4 servings
Korean Beef and Quinoa Bowls
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean organic ground beef
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Siracha
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the quinoa in a small stock pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the green beans and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef, break apart, and cook until brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Siracha.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the beef and green beans, reduce heat to low, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is done, remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- In a separate pan, cook 4 eggs over easy.
- Scoop quinoa into bowls, top with beef and bean mixture, place one egg on each bowl, then garnish with green onion and extra Siracha.