I'm gonna go ahead and say that everything is better with coconut milk and lime juice. Can I get an AMEN?!
When I think of Butternut Squash Soup, I think of Autumn. Falling leaves, pumpkin flavored everything, Fall fashion...ahhh nostalgia!
But with it being the first few days of March, I wanted to give this soup a Spring flair.
Coconut milk and lime juice do the trick! This soup is creamy and silky. Tasty and hearty. Savory and limey. Great combinations, folks!
Let me know what ya think!
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 45 min
Yield: 4 servings
Coconut Lime Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 2 limes
- Hemp seeds or roasted squash seeds
- Siracha (optional garnish for added heat)
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the garlic and onion until softened (but not browned).
- Add the chopped squash and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut milk, lime juice, and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a crunchy topping of your choice (I love hemp seeds).
*Note: Add some Siracha if you like it hot and spicy!