Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Roasted Veggies
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 2-4 servings
Cauliflower Crust with Roasted Veggie Pizza
For the crust:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- Italian spices
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon coconut or olive oil
For the toppings:
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pizza Sauce (I buy the one with the lowest sugar content)
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Chop the cauliflower into medium pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil.
- Place the cauliflower in the hot oil, stir to cover, and place a lid on the skillet. Check skillet every few minutes to keep cauliflower from burning, but let it get nicely browned on the outside.
- Continue to let cauliflower cook, covered, for about 10-15 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Let cool for a few minutes before continuing to the next step (adding hot cauliflower to raw eggs will cause the eggs to scramble).
- Place eggs, cornmeal, and seasoning in a blender. Add semi-cooled cauliflower to the blender and puree until it becomes a semi-smooth, thick batter.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour batter into the center of the paper. Spread until you have about a ½ inch thick crust or thinner if desired.
- Bake the crust for about 20 minutes, checking occasionally to keep from burning. (I like crispy edges, so I let it brown a little longer.)
- Remove from oven, top with pizza sauce, cheese, and roasted veggies (see below).
- Return the pizza to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted, top with fresh parsley.
- Mix the vegetables, spices, and oil together in a shallow baking dish.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring once while cooking.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven.
*I like to cook the vegetables separately to avoid making the crust soggy.
*While this crust is tasty, it isn't as durable as traditional crust. If you add a lot of sauce and toppings, you will need to eat it with a fork instead of picking it up the good old fashioned way!