Sweet Potato Brownies
Two of my favorite things in the world are sweet potatoes and chocolate. And guess what? When you combine the two, they create the most decadent and guilt-free brownies ever!
I was visiting my grandmother last week and she made a pan of brownies covered in powdered sugar. They were obviously delish, but not clean at all!
So I decided to put a healthy spin on the classic chocolate-lovers treat and I must say that mine are just as delightful. Rich in flavor, but also packed with healthy fats, fiber, and Vitamin A!
To cook the sweet potato, pierce it with a fork, place it on tin foil, and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes. I usually cook a few sweet potatoes at a time and keep them in the fridge because they make a perfect lunch when paired with some leftover protein! As a snack, I like to heat mine in the microwave then top with a little coconut oil and cinnamon! YUM!
But I guess nothing really compares to the deliciousness of brownies! In my opinion, that's the best way to enjoy a sweet potato!
I hope you like these as much as I do!
Total Time: 35 Min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 25 min
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil + extra for greasing
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease with a tiny bit of coconut oil.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk together the eggs, syrup, and coconut oil until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Add the sweet potato and mix until well combined.
- Pour brownie batter into baking pan and bake for 22-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. (I have a super hot oven that cooked them in 22 minutes!)
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, top with chocolate chips, then let the masterpiece cool completely before cutting!
- Try not to eat the entire pan at once!